Wednesday Jan 04, 2023
Dr. Beth Banks Cohn on Building a Work Culture that is Ready for Change
Change in organizations has a price - the natural resistance of humans to change. In this episode of Growth Hacking Culture - I discuss with Dr. Beth Banks Cohn how to overcome the forces of resistance to transformation and how to prepare an organization to be ready for change.
About Dr. Beth Banks Cohn
Beth Banks Cohn is regarded by many as the authority on culture, leadership and change - Beth holds a PhD in Human and Organizational Systems from the Fielding Graduate University. She is the author of the book: ChangeSmart: Implementing Change Without Lowering Your Bottom Line.
She is the founder and president of ADRA Change Architects a business transformation firm decoding the Human Element of High Stakes Decisions.
ADRA Change Architects http://www.adrachangearchitects.com/
Beth Banks LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/beth-banks-cohn-phd/
What we discussed in this episode of Growth Hacking Culture:
- What are the most common mistakes organization when they embark in transformation?
- Getting the buy-in for change in organizations is often the part with the biggest friction - How do we get around to nudge people?
- Organizational change means having to deal with the psychological resources of individuals to overcome fear, stress… This is often disregarded in traditional change management models. How can we integrate the psychological factor to be more effective in an organizational transformation
- You have developed a model for change called ChangeSmart - What was missing in other models and how relevant is it in today’s world?
- Most leadership development programs prepare people to manage business and less to drive and inspire people during times of change - what does a good leadership program should include?
- How can corporates develop work cultures that embrace change?
This episode is hosted by Ivan Palomino - He is a Learning Strategist and Behavioral Designer. He helps organizations build human-centric work cultures.
The Simply Human Pledge
2023 will be the best year for corporates that have committed to values of being people first, collective and inclusive. That's why I will continue advocating and sharing stories of companies living by these values. I am working on making companies commit to human centric cultures.
Want to join? https://bit.ly/SimplyHumanPledge
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.